The mission of the Finance Department is to provide fiscal and financial support to the Mayor and all the City Departments and to manage the financial affairs of the City. To safeguard the assets and manage the financial affairs of the City including revenue collection, cash disbursements, accounting and financial reporting, investments and debt management. To maintain reasonable internal controls to protect the City’s assets and to ensure the timely and accurate recording of financial transactions in the accordance with the accounting standards for state and local governments. Information is provided through budget and financial reporting, forecasting and procedure development.
Functions of the Finance Department:
- Prepare Annual Budget for the Mayor to present to City Council.
- Monitor City’s expenditures and financial information.
- Maintain accurate financial records such as general ledger and fixed assets.
- Process accounts payable and payroll and other required reports.
- Develop financial policies and procedures.
- Assist in preparing and issuing the Comprehensive Financial Annual Report.
The City of Eufaula has received the Certificate of Achievement in Financial Reporting for fourteen consecutive years for the Comprehensive Annual Financial Report. This is received from the Government Finance Officers Association of the United States and Canada. (GFOA)
Please contact us if we can be of service:
Joy White, CPA/CMC